Spirulina Algae

Spirulina Algae

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Drowning in Priorities

Saying no is not the only thing that challenges me; I'm not very good at prioritizing. I try create schedules for myself to follow and list of what I should do in what order but somehow I miss some simple step. My boss informed me that I forgot to turn off the scale on Wednesday night, and there have been several small missteps along the way. Today I wrote a list of things that I must do when I come in and when I leave for the day from the lab to hopefully prevent any further damage.

Today my priority at the lab was to clean, fill, add solution and inoculate one of these large ponds. I didn't complete my prerogative but the pool is prepared to transfer the algae into on Monday. The plan is to have a large pond to harvest from by mid March. The harvest so far has been successful considering the cool weather and the challenge of drying algae without direct sunlight. Today it started to rain on us as we shoveled rock hard bicarb from 1 ton bags into buckets for the new pond. I was grateful for the chilly weather as I ran back and forth with the wagon.

The sky was strange, half filled with lumpy "Simpon's" clouds and the other dark like the ocean floor with light trying to break through. I love days like this.

Even with a pile of lab reports due by Sunday, my priorities change from work to family. I'm thrilled to spend a few hours with my husband and kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment