Spirulina Algae

Spirulina Algae

Monday, February 28, 2011

After being up till 2:45am this morning working on algae lab reports as well as tutoring by text my friend in my math 90 class, I became keenly aware of how badly I needed an energy drink in order to fulfill my responsibilities for the day. I woke up to the sounds of laughter of my two little boys at 6:35am. Oh good, I can sleep 15 more minutes, that is if my brain will turn off. 6:55am, in the shower. It's too bad that caffeine is such a nasty drug because, man, I love how it makes me feel on a morning like this. I can't remember how long it's been since I got this much done in a morning. I guess that's why I like coming here in the middle of the night. No distractions.

I'm running a test on using Urea Vs. NaNO3, mainly concerned with a good source of nitrate. I ran the numbers over and over and kept getting it wrong. Finally I put a call into the a friend in the Chem. department at school, I figured it out just before he called me back. He's not even my professor yet and he called me within an hour! It's so nice to be surrounded by dedicated professors. I love my school. I think that after I graduate and pay off all my school debt I want to donate to I.V.C. I have been inspired by every professor I've encountered on that campus.

Any way, I replaced the 2.5g of NaNO3 with 1.17g of Urea in our solution and ran two groups: a control of our origional Carbon Capture medium against the Urea solution. Hopefully the Urea one does just as good as the Carbon Capture medium. If it does than we can cut our production cost in the summer by quite a bit. I'll let you know how it turns out in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment